"Myersville, which is destined in the near future to be the most important village of Green Township, was surveyed by Jacob Mishler on the land of J. B. Myers. The plat has not yet been recorded by Mr. Myers. The first house was built by Moses Kroft in the summer of 1876. The next year William Miller erected one, and Curt. Brause and James Riley started the saw-mill. A storeroom was built and Edward Steese opened out a stock of goods, and afterward sold out to William Sweeten, who continued the business from April, 1880, to February, 1881, when he removed to East Liberty. The warehouse was erected by Edward Steese in the summer and fall of 1879 ; it is now leased by Hunsberger & Shick ; the first grain was purchased March
17, 1880. The construction train of the Valley road first passed over the Uniontown public Road at Myersville Station August 4, 1879, at 10:15 A. M. "
From the Guide Book for Tourists and Travelers over the Valley Railway from Cleveland to Canton, Ohio, 1880
"We now arrive at Greentown. The depot is on the left, and the village is three-fourths of a mile to the right, and Greensburg is two and a half miles to the left. About five hundred feet north of the depot we cross the great water-shed of the State, (see page 20). In the beautiful grove to the right, (see engraving) the water can be seen to divide, part going to the Ohio River and part to Lake Erie. The elevation here is about 555 feet above Lake Erie. We now pass over the Greentown Plain, which is two miles of straight track over the bottom lands and marshes. The streams that appear between here and Krumroy feed the Tuscarawaas River. Three and a half miles north of Greentown we arrive at Uniontown. As we come to the depot, we pass a saw mill on the left. Great numbers of ties for the road have been sawed here. The village is one mile to the right. The small settlement on the left of the depot is called Myersville, which has been settled since the railroad has been built. As we leave the depot we pass a grain warehouse on our left. Grain from the surrounding country is brought here and shipped over the Valley Road to the Akron mills. One mile north of Uniontown, we pass through the Millheim mill pond, the mill being situated some distance to the right and can be seen in the distance when we get a little further on."