Green's Historic Schools
Green Township once contained 14 school districts. Each of these districts contained a small, usually one-room, school house. Several of these historic structures still exist in Green today.
Click on the Adobe pdf documents below to open a map of Green and then click on the icons on the map to see past and present pictures of the location.
One Room Schoolhouses
District No. 1 - Myersville 1878
District No. 2 - Penogle (Bowers/Harry) 1880
District No. 3 - Storebox (Foust)
District No. 4 - Franks
District No. 5 - Heckman (Willow Grove) 1878
District No. 6 - Lauby
District No. 6 - Aultman (Lauby Rm. 2)
District No. 7 - Old Greensburg School
District No. 8 - Pennsylvania
District No. 9 - Warner (Tritt) 1881
District No. 10 - Starver (Thursby)
District No. 11 - East Liberty German 1890
District No. 12 - King
District No. 13 - Lichtenwalter (Shaffer/Maple Grove) 1885
District No. 14 - Comet 1887
Additionally, there was at least one joint school district on the southern border of Green Township with Jackson Township.
Early Frame Schoolhouse - at the corner of Massillon & Turkeyfoot Lake Roads there was a very early frame schoolhouse.